You can connect Planfix to the virtual PBX that you use. With this integration, you can:
- initiate a call to a contact directly from Planfix (you need a configured SIP phone/headset or a special program to make calls);
- automatically display an existing contact card or create a new one for incoming calls;
- add the necessary contact data directly during the call;
- automatically assign a supervisor for the contact created by the call;
- keep a record of calls in the contact card and/or a specific task;
- create tasks based on the results of the call;
- make calls directly from the Planner;
- view reports of completed calls in the context of employees or contacts;
- listen to call recordings directly from the PBX;
- keep records of missed calls;
- add comments directly from the call window;
- configure the desired masks for phone numbers;
- set up the display of the name of the line being called.
To set up integration with virtual PBX, go to the Account Management — Integrations section (available for account owners and administrations) and click Virtual PBX:
Then select the desired virtual PBX from the list and enter the data required for integration.
How to make a call when integrating with telephony in Planfix
When Planfix is integrated with telephony, incoming and outgoing calls are made the same way without integration: via a SIP phone/program that communicates with the cloud PBX.
On an incoming call:
- The PBX calls the SIP phone/program of the employee who is set on the PBX side as the person who receives calls to this number;
On an outgoing call:
- The PBX first calls the SIP phone/program of the calling employee;
- Once they pick up, the call is made to the contact, and they are connected;
In any case, PBX provides the link, and the call is made exactly as it would be if Planfix were not involved.
Please keep in mind the following:
- You must specify the employee's extension numbers in the integration settings so that Planfix can identify the person who should receive or make the call and display the appropriate information on their screen.
- The employee's extension numbers that you specify in the integration settings in Planfix must match the extension numbers of the same employees specified in the virtual PBX settings.
- Calls made to extension numbers that Planfix doesn't recognize will not be recorded in the system. This also allows you to record in Planfix only the calls that go to the employees who use Planfix and not the calls that go to all the employees who can accept calls via the virtual PBX (e.g., security guards, drivers, and others).
List of supported virtual PBX
Integration with the following virtual PBX is currently supported:
- In case of an unsuccessful outgoing call (busy signal, the recipient didn't pick up, etc.), the call will not be recorded in the system, i.e., the data tag "Call" is not added. In case of an unsuccessful outgoing call, a data tag Missed Call with an outgoing type is added.
- Calls TO and FROM the phone numbers specified in the contact cards do not open the call window and are not recorded with a data tag.
- Calls between internal (short) numbers using the virtual PBX also do not open the call window and are not recorded with a data tag.
You can view the data about the calls in the above instances in the interface of the virtual PBX you use. If you find yourself in a situation where these limitations affect your work in any way, please write to us with a detailed description. Your feedback could influence the future development of our integration with telephony.
- If the service you use is not in the list of supported services, write to us, and we will check if we can add it.
- Missed calls are permanently attached to the contact card.
- Where you can attach records of successful calls, you determine yourself in the telephony settings of your account.
- Virtual PBX providers can integrate their services into Planfix using our telephony API. Services that integrate in this way can be added to our list. Don't hesitate to contact our support team to clarify this.