Contact access to their company's tasks
You can automatically grant external users or contacts access to all tasks in the Dashboard where their company is the counterparty. To do this, switch the setting Can see tasks where their company is a counterparty to Yes:
Then the contact will receive access to all tasks where their company is the counterparty. In terms of what they can do in these tasks, their access level is similar to that of a task participant. They will be shown in a separate section in the Permissions panel in each task's card:
In these tasks:
- contacts with Base access to your account (in the Dashboard) will see comments written by other contacts at their company (their colleagues), as well as any other comments directed at these contacts;
- contacts with Advances access (external users) will see the same.
If the setting " See all unhidden comments in tasks and contact cards available to them" is not activated in your account settings, external users who are contacts at the other company, will be able to see comments between employees in your account (where no one from their own company was notified).
If a task arises that the contacts in a client company shouldn't have access to except those in certain roles, set the attribute Automatic access for all of a counterparty's contacts to Do not provide at the task level:
- If a contact's card doesn't have the setting Can see tasks where their company is a counterparty, edit the contact template used for this contact and enable the option for this setting:
- If a task's card doesn't have the setting Automatic access for all of a counterparty's contacts, edit the task template used for this task and enable the option for this setting:
- This option is only available for accounts with Plan B and Plan X plans