Setting access rules by IP address
The picture below shows the general screen for creating or editing access rules by IP address:
- The rule name is needed in order to easily manage a rule in the list. Use clear names that are descriptive and reflect what the rule does.
- For any network - use this option to create access rules for everyone; also use it for rules that restrict employee access after hours
- For selected hosts - lets you set a list of IP addresses from which work is allowed
- For subnets - gives you the ability to set a subnet mask with which users can access the account
Grant access to
- Here the account owner adds a list of users for whom this rule applies.
Remember: if no rules that apply to a certain user, they won't get Planfix access. Create rules carefully.
If you have difficulty creating or using rules, contact our support team.