Receiving Gmail emails in Planfix
To receive emails sent to your Gmail email address in Planfix, and to be able to respond to them and process them as tasks:
- Create a virtual email address in Planfix
- Configure forwarding from your personal Gmail address to the virtual one.
Configuring forwarding of Gmail emails to Planfix
1. Log in to your Gmail account.
2. Click the gear icon in the upper right-hand corner and select "Settings."
3. Open the "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" tab and go to the Forwarding section. Click the button "Add a forwarding address."
4. Enter the virtual Planfix email address to which you would like to have your emails forwarded. Click "Next," then "Continue," and then "OK."
5. An email will be sent to your virtual Planfix email address to confirm your forwarding settings. This email will automatically be turned into a task with the name "[unique number] Gmail forwarding confirmation - receiving mail from..." Find this task in your list of tasks and click on the link in the description.
6. Open your Gmail again, or refresh the page if it's still open. Open the tab "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" and go to the Forwarding section. Select "Forward a copy of incoming messages." Then click "Save changes" at the bottom of the page.
Emails sent to your Spam folder will not be forwarded to Planfix.
After you have done this, all emails you receive in your Gmail inbox that aren't marked as spam will be redirected to Planfix and turned into tasks. Also:
- the email subject will become the task name;
- the body of the email will become the task description;
- files attached to the email will be attached to the task;
- comments added to the task that notify the external contact who sent the original email will be sent to the contact as regular emails.
- Since Planfix is not a traditional email client, it handles sending and receiving emails separately. You can manage which mailbox your responses will be sent from when you reply to emails within Planfix. By default, emails are sent from an employee's internal Planfix email address. You can configure sending email from Planfix through Gmail.
- Additional preferences for tasks created from emails can be configured using the rules for creating tasks from emails.