Error when sending emails to clients without Planfix access
If sending email through company email addresses is enabled and you receive an error message, read the error text carefully. Your company server usually returns the error, and the error message explains why the email was not sent or delivered. The most common errors are:
- 451 4.7.1 Sorry, the service is currently unavailable. Please come back later.: the receiving email server is not responding and is returning this error. When this happens, Planfix attempts to send the email again.
- 535 – Incorrect authentication data,
- 535 5.7.3 authentication unsuccessful,
- 535 5.7.8 Error: authentication failed: Invalid user or password: check the username/password in your configured
company server account in Planfix.
- 550 this message was classified as spam and may not be delivered,
- 550 spam message rejected: the receiving mail server considers this message spam. If you can't resolve this issue yourself, we recommend contacting your mail service.
- 550 5.7.1 spf check failed: the SPF record on the sender's domain isn't configured, or its settings don't correspond to the mail service they use. This issue must be resolved by your mail server.
- 553 5.7.1 Sender address rejected: not owned by auth user: your mail server returns this error. It means: "The sender's address is rejected because it doesn't belong to the specified user." You must specify a real email address in the "sender" section, and the email address must be on the domain associated with your username and password.
- Could not connect to SMTP host
- Connection timed out: the server/port pair is incorrect in your company email settings, or the SSL/TLS checkboxes are incorrect. You have to check these settings and set the correct values, according to your email server's settings.
- Timed out while sending end of data - message may be sent more than once: the specified server did not respond to the request in the allotted response time. This usually means that something is wrong with the server. Either it's not working or its overloaded and unstable.
- Cannot start TLS: handshake failure: the sending server did not respond. In these cases, you usually don't need to do anything. Automatic re-sending is working correctly and mail is sending.