Importing data from data tags
If you need to enter large amounts of data from outside Planfix into data tags, there is an option to import data into data tags. You can get to the interface for importing data into data tags by clicking the button in a specific data tag in the data tags section.
For example, let's import data into the Actual Working Time data tag:
- source file types supported are CSV, XLS, and XLSX
- after you select a file, the system prompts you to specify if you would like to import data into tasks or contacts:
- in the import file, you can specify which task/contact each entry belongs to; the system matches on task/contact number or name.
- after you select a file, the system analyzes it and prompts you to compare the columns in the file with the data tag fields in Planfix.
If the value in the first row of a column matches the name of a data tag field in Planfix, the column and field will be matched automatically. With this in mind, you can automate matching by creating your import files according to the data tag fields.
Creating a file with data for data tag import
The basis for an import file is an Excel spreadsheet where the data to be imported is entered.
The file can be formatted in any way, and the column names do not need to match field names in the directory. You can map them to the fields when importing.
Save the file with the data as a CSV (comma-separated) file (File - Save as...):
- When importing into fields containing dates and times:
- for Date fields, data must be entered in the following format: dd-mm-yyyy
- for Date and time fields, data must be entered in the following format dd-mm-yyyy mm:hh
- single-digit day numbers and two-digit years are not supported
- a period (".") or slash ("/") can be used in place of the dash ("-").
- To correctly import CSV files, the file encoding must be UTF-8