Dynamic blocks are special blocks in task descriptions with variables and formulas that are calculated each time a task is opened. You can use dynamic blocks to display values of:
- formulas using time;
- formulas that refer to long chains of Planfix objects that frequently change;
- counterparty or project fields.
Dynamic blocks can be added to task descriptions when editing or creating a task:
To do this, the "Use text editor" option must be enabled for the field.
Dynamic block settings
- Click the three dots in curly brackets to add a variable or formula to the block:
- Here you can also select the type of result you'd like to see and the background color it will be displayed on^
- Generate a variable:
- Or create a formula using variables:
- Here's how a dynamic block would be displayed in a table when editing a task description:
- To edit a dynamic block, click the three dots.
- When you open a task, the data in any dynamic blocks in it are recalculated, and the result is shown:
If you choose the "Text with variables" result type, you can use all constructions and format the text with the built-in editor:
Use auto-fill to add constructs. To access the selection window, type "%%" (two percent signs) and select what you need:
- Dynamic blocks work in the task card description or in the "Text" field when the editor is enabled.
- Dynamic blocks help in cases where calculated fields can't get the job done.