Email rules: Main operation
Main operation is the second block in the rules for processing emails, which you must fill out when creating a rule. The main action determines what Planfix should create from emails received: a task, comment, or contact:
Create a task using template
With this option, a task will be created from the email, using the selected template:
- The list of templates contains all task templates in the account, as well as the assigner's default template.
- The option Don't use this template with overlapping rules allows you to manage template selection should there be overlapping rules.
Create a contact using template
With this option, contact will be created from the email, using the selected template:
- The list for choosing a template contains all contact and company templates in the account.
- Below the list of templates is an option for system behavior should the new contact already exist in the system:
- The search method for finding existing contacts is selected separately:
- In a separate section, indicate the infoblock that contains the search data for the contact. Below is a sample search across existing contacts by number:
The logic, in this case, is as follows: the system searches for a contact where the value in the "Contact number" field equals the value stored in the "Contact number" infoblock. If such a contact exists, any further operations will be performed using this contact. If there is no contact with this number in the system, a new contact will be created, their "Contact number" field will be populated from the infoblock, and further operations will be performed using this new contact.
Add a comment to an existing task
This option allows you to find the desired task and add a comment to it containing the body of the email:
- There are two ways to search for the desired task: select a specific task from a list of existing tasks in the account, or select a task based on a match between the contents of a certain task field and the value stored in an infoblock. This allows you to select a task that contains a client's email address in its name, with the email address extracted from the email and stored in the "Email address" infoblock:
- You can also specify what should happen if no task is found that meets the condition: