Do not send contacts notifications about actions added by other participants by email
With Planfix, working with external contacts who don't use the service is very similar to having an ordinary email conversation:
- All participants involved in the communication receive an email that lists all recipients
- When responding by email, each recipient uses reply all so all participants receive their response.
The attributes Do not send contacts notifications about actions added by other participants by email and Show recipients' email addresses in messages help you configure Planfix for this use case. Activating this attribute makes it so that when emails are sent to a task (such as when someone responds by email to a task comment) the emails will be added to the task but external contacts won't be notified.
If you often respond to Planfix notifications by email, using this attribute will ensure that clients linked to a task won't see Planfix messages that you have addressed to your colleagues.
You can use this attribute in the following scenario:
- You receive a notification from Planfix about a new task or comment
- If you want to send your reply to your colleagues, simply ensure that the client's name is not listed in the "To" field of the email when responding. This is how you're used to using email.
- If you need to send the email both to your colleagues and to the client, add the client's email address in the "To" field and they will get your message by email, bypassing Planfix.
Please be careful: if you activate this attribute but don't activate Show recipients' email addresses in messages, your responses will not be sent to external contacts (clients, etc.), even if you are responding to a notification they received.
This attribute is also helpful when several external contacts who are not connected in any way are working on the same task at the same time.
- A client sends an email that becomes a Planfix task;
- A coworker processes the request in the task and loops in another external contact (say, a freelancer);
- Activating the attribute Do not send contacts notifications about actions added by other participants by email is a definitive way to avoid having emails from one contact (such as a client) sent directly to another (such as a freelancer).