Show recipients' email addresses in messages
With Planfix, working with contacts who don't use the service is very similar to having an ordinary email conversation:
- All participants in the communication receive an email in which all recipients are listed
- When responding by email, each recipient uses reply all so all participants receive their response.
The Show all participants' email addresses in message attribute, along with the Do not send contacts notifications about actions added by other participants by email attribute, helps configure Planfix for using email in this way. Activating this attribute ensures that if at least one recipient is an external contact, then notifications about tasks and actions will be sent in one common email. In this scenario, the email addresses of all recipients, both external contacts and employees, are listed in the To field of the email.
When using this setting, you must consider the following:
- Email notifications will be sent according to the corresponding template for external contacts.
- If the option Show external email addresses is selected in the additional settings for employee email addresses where email notifications are disabled:
the email will also be sent to employees who get the notification, even if they have email notifications disabled for this kind of message.
The email notification will be sent from the address set in Planfix for emails to external contacts: the internal email address of the employee who wrote the message or the external email address that has been set.
- If sending conversation history is activated and there are several contacts among the recipients, the history will be included for only one of these contacts.
- If none of the recipients are contacts, the standard system for notifying employees will be used. Standard system emails will also be sent to employees who have enabled email notifications.