You can arrange Planfix login on your own domain. This is particularly convenient if external users use your account and/or if you use the Dashboard to work with clients, partners, etc.
When you use your domain with Planfix:
- Your employees can use a specially configured URL to log in to your company's account. This URL will be on your domain (such as crm.company.com, if your company's account is company.com).
- Your clients use a Dashboard on your domain.
- All links that users see while working are on your domain and don't contain any information that would indicate that users are actually working in Planfix. As a result, people conduct their work in a system that appears to be using company URLs, like in this example, but everyone's work is in fact powered by Planfix.
- Any attempt to log in using the regular URL, or any attempt to click a standard link to your Planfix account (such as company.planfix.com/task/1234), will result in an automatic redirect to the desired page, just on your domain (such as crm.company.com/task/1234)
You can only use your own domain with Planfix if you have the most advanced plan (Plan X).
How to connect your domain
To use your domain:
- Enable use of your own domain in the Account payment section
- Create a CNAME record for the desired URL on your domain, specifying your Planfix account in the URL.
- Create a task for Support with the domain name for which you want to set up Planfix login.
Your employees will use this information to make Planfix available from your company domain. Login from the old account URL will automatically redirect to your domain.
For technical reasons beyond our control, the following will not work when you use your own domain:
- Dropbox integration;
- The Timer extension, which is used to track time spent on tasks;
- The extension for browser notifications.
- Using your own domain to log in to Planfix doesn't mean that Planfix is hosted on your servers. It's simply a way of working with your regular Planfix account, which will appear to be a part of your site. Moreover, your account is not transferred anywhere and still operates in the data center you selected when you signed up for Planfix.
- Enabling Planfix login from your own domain doesn't affect work with email at all. All of your important settings, including those for company and personal external email addresses, will work like before.