The configuration allows you to generate invoices and certificates of completion based on the data added to the Planfix tasks.
Contents of the Configuration
|Direction||Services||Includes the names of standard services provided by your organization|
|Data tags||Service||Is used to add the name and cost of the service to the tasks for which they are rendered, for the subsequent generation of invoice. The Services directory is used for data tags.|
|Document template||Invoice #.xlsx||Printing format of invoice based on the data from task and data tags|
|Document template||Certificate of completion #.xlsx||Printing format of the certificate of completion based on the data from task and data tags|
First steps after installation
The steps described should be made by the account administrator before the users start working on the configuration.
Filling the directory "Services"
- go to the directory (Main menu / Directories / Services);
- delete the entries that are added to it by default for the example;
- add entries with the names of the services provided by your organization.
- if there is a lot of services, it makes sense to divide them inside the directory into groups;
- you can add not only services but also goods to the directory.
Correcting the form of documents
The document templates for printing invoices and certificates after installation contain conditional company data, they must be replaced with real data of your organization.
- go to the Documents / Document Templates section;
- download file;
- open it in MS Excel;
- edit the data in the header and signature (the name of the organization, details, CEO, you can add a logo, etc.);
- check the VAT calculation under the table part of the document and make corrections to the formula if necessary;
- save changes to the file;
- upload the new version of the file in the Document templates.
Repeat the same operations for those files that you plan to use.
- The configuration includes several options for files for invoices and templates. It makes sense to adjust only those of them that correspond to the taxation option you are using, and delete the others so that they do not interfere with the selection from the list. The remaining documents can conveniently be called "Invoice #" and "Certificate #".
- When editing, be careful not to damage the contents of cells containing Planfix variables (they are enclosed in double curly braces). If this happens, the final document the data will not be displayed correctly or will be missing.
- In case the file is damaged or for some reason it is necessary to return to the original version of the file, go to Documents / Document Templates, then into the required template and, while viewing it, select the option "Version history" in the right panel. In the list that appears, select the correct version of the file and download it. With it, you can re-create the necessary manipulations and upload them into the Document Templates, as described above.
After the service guide is configured and the document templates are aligned with the real data of your organization, you can start working.
Roles in configuration
By default, the "Invoicing" configuration does not have a role split - any employee can generate invoices.
If there is a need to restrict access, then you can do this as follows:
- Restrict access to the data tags "Services" - grant it only for those users (How to restrict access to Analytics between employees?) who have rights to issue invoices
- Restrict access (Access to document templates) to the document templates "Invoice #" and "Certificate #".
Description of work in the configuration
1. In order to print an invoice, it is necessary to enter data for it into the task. It can be any ready task, in which there is a work with the client, or a task specially created for billing.
2. Documents "Invoice #" and "Certificate #" use the contractor of the task - it is substituted as Buyer (Customer). Make sure the contractor is selected in the task:
The tabular part of the invoice and the act is taken from the data tags attached to the task.
You can add data tags both to the body of the task itself when creating it, or to an individual action to the existing task:
Creating a document: an invoice or a certificate
To create a document (invoice or certificate):
- make sure that the necessary data (contractor and data tags) are added to the task
- create a new action in this task and select the option to attach the file:
- Choose the option "Create a document by template" and the template you need
- Save the action
The document created by the selected template and filled with data from the task will automatically be attached to the task:
You can view it, download it, send it to a client, etc.
When you add a document of a specific type (for example, an invoice) for the first time, the system will automatically offer the number 1 for it.
You can change this number to another one:
When you add the following invoice, Planfix automatically adds to this number 1. You can also change it if necessary.
- It is possible to add the data tags and the necessary document, which will be created on it to the task in the same action.
- You can immediately send the generated document to an external contact (client, contractor, etc.). To do this, it must be connected to the task and it should be selected in the "Notify about this" block in the action in which the document is generated by the template.
- When generating a file, it is possible to select the PDF format - this allows, in particular, to send the client an invoice immediately with a signature and a stamp.
To do this, the scanned images of the signature and print must be previously added to the document template file.
- The table part of the document created by the template includes all the data tags included in this task, even if they were entered at different times in different actions.
If you need to create a document with data tags data from only one particular action, you can do this through the menu of additional operations with the action:
- The same data entered in the task can be used to generate different documents. For example, both the invoice and the certificate of completed work can use the same table part (data from data tags) with a list of services provided.
In this way, you can generate the invoice and certificate for the client for the same task, without adding anything to it.